Thursday, September 23, 2010

I haven't written anything in a long time, though my brain has been very busy and I have lots of ideas and lots of things I want to write. In the coming weeks, I'll write more. I promise myself that. And I promise YOU, too! (All two of you!)

Life is good. I'm adjusting to a big change and loving it. I've been regrouping and reconnecting and reorganizing. I've been hanging on. I've been letting go. I've been singing aloud. I've been being quiet. I've been struggling to sleep. I've been greeting the dawn. (and those of you who know me know that greeting the dawn is NOT a common thing for a night owl like me!!).

I've been working at...... working at.......... hmmmmm......... I guess I've been working at living the life I thought was hanging in the upper branches and was too far out of reach. I've been stepping into a dream that I've had for more than fifteen years. I've been realizing that coming home is really and truly, and simply, stepping into the beautiful picture that you painted for yourself out of hope.

And I am here. And I am happy to be here. My husband joins me soon. His dream goes back even further than my own and is much more ethereal. I say a prayer every day that it will become solid so that it might hold him up and propel him forward into a world where he will thrive.

Peace all. I'll write soon, I promise.

5 comments:

Dreamer said...

Hi

Sorry to contact you in the comments box but I stumbled scross your blog and wondered if you could tell me whether the piece 'Only Heaven Knows' which you posted in your lyrics of the week section was writtten by you or are the lyrics of a song. It just echoed so deeply my feelings at the questions my son (just 6) asks... and he very much has 'a precious hearrt that worries so'

It is a beautiful piece either way

Thanks for your heartfelt posts and all best wishes to you

I'm not Lisa said...

Dear Dreamer,
Thank you for caring enough to respond. "Only Heaven Knows" is a song that I've been working on this spring and summer. It isn't all done yet but it's getting there. The idea came from an experience I had when I was in Washington, DC to take a class. I was riding into the city on the Metro and a little boy was sitting in the seat beside mine and he was asking his mom all sorts of questions. It brought me into a memory of a very powerful and touching conversation I had with my older son, many years before, about where our souls go when we die. And the memory of that conversation made me long for my son, made me miss him so much, made me wish he was still small and innocent and unscathed. I was thinking about all the children in Haiti and Honduras and Palestine and Russia and ..... well, the world over, who carry questions like these inside.

I spent some time this afternoon reading your beautiful poetry. Thank you for reaching out to me so that I might find it. I look forward to reading more.

Lisa

Dreamer said...

Hi Lisa

Thank you so much for answering my question. Your song is beautiful and echoes amazingly with the questions of my son which, strangely enough, started out with questions about where the soul goes when you die..
His questions moved me so much that I wrote a piece - I'll post it soon - and I guess it will show that you have touched on an eternal theme of the questions of childrens' hearts. Glad you enjoy my writing - it's just what is in my heart at the time, poorly expressed, but it's what I do when I feel
Take care

Dreamer said...

Hi Lisa

It's been a while and I hope that the time elapsed finds your husband closer to his dream and you closer to yours...

I have finally posted the work in progress that was the result of the question I alluded to from my son that I found echoed in your piece on childrens' questions so wanted to let you know it's now there...

How they pull at our hearts... And how true that to have a child is to forever have your heart walking around outside of your body

Wishing you happiness

Margaret

I'm not Lisa said...

Dear Dreamer Margaret,
Thank you. Your Skin to Skin piece is absolutely beautiful and I am so glad that you found me so that I could find you. It moved me to tears. I loved it. And I'm glad I know how to find my way back to it. Peace to you and love and light.
Lisa