Saturday, March 1, 2008

Daniel and Emily

Daniel and Emily are coming to visit today! I'm so excited - I can't sit still! I've been cleaning and fixing things up and getting things ready.

It's a big event!

It's a mom thing, I guess, this cleaning every inch of every surface! And a middle-aged thing, too, this becoming such a big event! And a living-in-the-middle-of-nowhere, far-removed-from-family-and-friends thing, too! I can't wait!!!

This is my son, Daniel. Looks like me, don't you think? And this is his sweet girlfriend, Emily. She looks like me, too! She's a red head, so I liked her immediately. She's fair and freckled and she loves my son - so she's GOT to be a good woman!! In all sincerity, she is a good woman - smart, sweet, patient. I took this picture the weekend of the Surviving the Winter party. She spent the weekend surrounded by "the boys" - Daniel, Jacob, Sam, and Eric. And she was right there in the middle of things, not about to be overwhelmed by all the testosterone!

So I'd best get back to work. Dishes need washing and I'm determined to get the kitchen floor mopped if it kills me!! (I hate mopping!!). I've got to make a run to the recycling place and then on to the grocery store to get the stuff to make one of Daniel's favorite meals.

We're going into the studio tomorrow. Daniel's going to play bass, djimbe, and maybe even the mandolin on several of the songs I've already gotten recorded. I can't wait!

So celebrate the day with me! One of my soul mate's is coming to his mama's house for a visit. We'll be playing music and eating good food and talking talking talking! We'll be having a few Guniness, too, I'm sure, to toast the occasion.

Peace and love to you all.

No comments: