Saturday, March 15, 2008

Travelling mercies..............

Does travelling have one "l" or two? Guess I could look it up. Oh!! I just remembered a very cool invention called spell check!! I spelled it correctly.

Jacob got stuck in Colorado today. I was on my way to Raleigh to visit my parents and planned to pick him up at the Raleigh-Durham Airport at 3:30 this afternoon. He missed his flight this morning and was stranded, almost hysterical with exhaustion and frustration. Between the two of us and the wonders of modern technology (i.e. cell phones), we got him onto a flight tomorrow. He should be back in Raleigh at 2, which will still give us some time to spend together before I have to head back to Virginia.

It's a bad feeling when your child (and I don't care how old they get - they're ever your child) is stranded and bewildered and there's nothing you can do for him or her other than to talk, listen, let the curse words fly free, keep answering the phone, and keep saying, "it'll be alright". I'll be glad when he's back. I'll be glad when I can see his face.

My trip was very uneventful except for the events unfolding on his trip. My drive was smooth, traffic was not too bad, and my folks are both doing alright.

I've got to go get some lasagna. More later......

No comments: