Monday, April 28, 2008

Amazing Grace.......

I had an incredible experience this weekend - one of those life-changing experiences. It was so amazing that I don't even know how to describe it or explain it. I only know that I am different now. I only know that much sadness has been lifted from my spirit. I only know that I was witness to such kindness, tender care, love, and faith that I understand at the very deepest level of my being that I have seen Grace. Amazing Grace.

I will not preach. I will not try to force the experience on anyone else. I will not try to make you understand it. I will only tell you that God is good. Life is good. I feel peaceful for the first time in a very long time. And that's why I moved to the Eastern Shore!! To find peace. I felt so strongly when I made the decision to come here that this might be a place where I could find peace. And I was right.

And I haven't even gone to Russia yet!! Imagine what I'll experience there!! I can hardly wait. I am so ready for the trip now - so prepared. I guess I needed this weekend a whole lot more than I thought. It's hard to shine a light for others when you're carrying so much sadness and shame inside yourself. I needed to find some wings. And a wonderful, loving community of people held them out to me and said, "Here, girl. Fly!!"

So fly I will.

Gratitude is a wonderful thing. It will change your life - it's changing mine - every day!! (and I'm about as stubborn as any mule you'll ever find!). Thank you all.
Peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God bless you on your trip to Russia next week!

I'm not Lisa said...

Thank you, Joe. We're covered with prayer and that'll make all the difference!