Friday, May 9, 2008

From Russia with Love.....

It has been a long, amazing week. I met the most wonderful group of children, very pure and loving, offering smiles once shyness was overcome. I watched several young men pick up a guitar for the first time and take right to it. I watched God at work.

We had no heat, no hot water. We had to scoop water from a bucket into the toilets to make them work. We walked and walked. We ate good food and wonderful chocolate. We did a lot of laughing. We cried a lot, too. We worked long hours back at the "house" at night, getting things ready for each day at the orphanage with the kids.

We are all exhausted. We are all full. We are all grateful. And, truth be told, we all received so much more from the children than we gave. Their generosity was so sincere. I am glad I have been here.

I sure am ready to get home!
Love and peace.

No comments: