Sunday, May 18, 2008

One Child......

You raise your voices to the Heavens
You look for a way to change the world.
You search high and low to find some answer
You call out to God to be heard.

The tears that you cry are precious
You get weary from all the things you've tried.
If you could change the world this minute
Could you start with one child?

I am one child - can you feed me?
I am hungry and cold down in my bones.
I am one child - can you see me?
I am lonely and longing for a home.
Change the world - be the turning of the tide
But could you start with one child?

So many times I've been shattered
By an angry world I cannot control.
I try to hide the ways that I've been battered
Such a heavy weight for a tiny soul.

I would give you all that I hold dear to me
Just to see the sweetness of your smile.
You can change the world - this much is clear to me,
But could you start with one child?

I am one child - can you teach me?
I am willing to learn and understand.
I am one child - can you reach me?
I am saved by the love within your hands.
Change the world - be the turning of the tide.
But could you start with one child?
Could you start please with one child?
-----Yours truly, One Child

This is a third draft and now has music outside of my head and in the guitar!

Dedicated to the orphaned children of Russia, China, Africa, America, Guatemala, Honduras....... of the world. Dedicated also to all the folks who try so hard to help them.
Peace to you.

No comments: