Saturday, December 8, 2007

Busy hands


It's 4:30 in the morning. I'm working. I've been working since yesterday morning. I got to go home for a couple of hours and sleep, but, just about the time I was really warm and comfortable and sleeping sound..... yeah, you guessed it! Babies on the way. I have a young woman in early labor; another being induced, as I write, for high blood pressure; and a third that will be induced when the sun comes up. It's going to be a busy weekend. I had a feeling it would be. I did remember to bring my knitting with me to the hospital! So I can knit while I wait for these babies to make their appearances!

I helped with a fundraising dinner at my church yesterday evening. It was a fun experience. It felt good to be a part of the work! We're raising money to help fund a mission trip in May to Russia. I'm one of the folks who will benefit from the fundraisers, as I'm on the mission team, so I was very glad to put myself to work for the cause! I made a HUGE amount of spaghetti sauce this week, and we made lasagna for the dinner. It was great! And all of the folks that came to the dinner seemed to be pleased with their dinner.

I used to watch my grandmother working away at things, and she was always so happy when she was busy. She always had busy hands. She had beautiful hands - and she passed those hands down to my mom - and she passed them down to me. I look at my hands and see my mom's hands. I am proud of that.

My back sure is tired though! So I guess I'd better go get some sleep while I can. Every little bit of sleep will help as this day gets going. I'm hoping maybe I'll have the chance somewhere along the day to go down to Exmore and get some chicken soup from the Mexican restaurant (it is sooooo good!) or some wonton soup and a couple of egg rolls from the Chinese place. I'm craving both!
Hope everybody has a pretty day. Peace to you.

No comments: