Thursday, December 13, 2007

Off to the second job

So I just got done at the big house (the hospital), and I'm off to my second job. You know!? The one where I have to do all of that laundry and dishwashing and scrubbing floors and the like. You know?! The one that pays less than minimum wage!

I have company coming on Saturday. My friend Mary Gordon is coming to do a gig with me. So it's time to stop with the procrastinating and get the house cleaned. I thought keeping a house clean with two kids was tough. It's even harder when you live alone with a dog and three cats! I mean - the cats don't care whether the dishes are done today or tomorrow so why should I stress over them?! It's easy - way too easy - to put off the housework detail. You ought to see my sink!!

Nice thing about having company - besides that it's company and fun - is that it motivates me to get that stuff done. So dishes beware - I'm ready!

No babies today. Worked on one all day, but she's going to come on Dr. John's watch. I got some knitting done. Sat in the quiet of the call room. No clinic today. The satellite is out on the TV so there was none to watch. I actually kind of like that. I don't have TV at home. Well, one channel, full of snow! I joined Netflix - which is absolutely awesome, by the way!! - and spend as much time on their website as I do watching the movies! I've seen some good ones. I've also seen some not so great ones, but that's okay. It's been so fun watching them. Me in the big chair, under my heavy duty, winter sleeping bag!

Gotta go! Dishes are calling.
Peace.
And happy holidays and all that hooey!

No comments: