Monday, February 4, 2008

Death and taxes........


That about says it all. No, I promise I'm not paranoid! But I am pretty damn disgusted! I paid an unmerciful portion of my income this year to the feds and to the glorious state of Virginia. I worked my butt off, squeezing money I couldn't afford to squeeze out of each paycheck for five months last year to pay off a huge chunk of my credit card debt. No one informed me, however, that the interest the credit card company forgave would have to be reported on my income tax return as INCOME! So, no return for me another year. And, even worse, I'm back to another payment plan with Uncle Sam for another year or so to PAY more taxes to the feds and to the glorious state of Virginia!
I am so bummed out! Just when it seems like you're about to see the light at the end of the tunnel...... SLAM! You're hit by the train! This time the train is called the IRS (and the glorious state of Virginia who charged me almost as much as the feds). Death and taxes - you know the drill. The only sure thing in life........
I sure hope your filing goes better than mine. I was blind-sided by this one. Had already made some plans for my return.
I thought about sending my return, along with a picture of all the babies I delivered this year, to Dick Cheney. Reckon he'd front me a loan?
Peace.

No comments: