Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Juggling....



Seems like I have spent a lot of my life's time juggling....... work, kids, family, budgets, school, more school, and then more school, fun, home, house, yard, dogs, cats, bills, faith, love, intimacy, solitude, friendships, sleep, no sleep, taxes, reading, knitting, thinking, praying, listening, talking, singing, writing, learning, grieving, mother, daughter, sister, wife, ex-wife, holding on, letting go........
I've made a mess of things, more than once. I'm sure there are more messes to come before all is said and done. I've had egg on my face (and everywhere else!) more times than I'd like to think. But I'm persistent! No one could rightly accuse me of giving up or of being a quitter! (Well, someone did recently but that was a situation that needed quitting. I was just the one who was brave enough to do it.)
Life is a juggling act. It can be a blur and a mess - but it is also an awesome thing to watch, an art form all in itself. A beautiful dance. An unending series of lessons learned and balls dropped and picked up again. Sometimes, when the balls are all in the air, and my head is spinning, and the exquisite timing hits its stride and I am doing it and doing it well - I wonder at the dazzling speed of it all and wish that I could stop the juggling act in midair, just so that I might hold each thing, solitary and precious, only if just for a little longer.
Time flies.
Peace.

No comments: