Sunday, February 22, 2009

Go With God................

Day by day, you slip away
Down a path that I can't follow,
On a journey you alone must make.
And I believe you walk with peace,
But I want to hold you tightly
Letting go makes my spirit ache.

I know that sorrow this deep
Only comes from love deeper still
You have loved me well.

I can't imagine life without you.
I don't know how to let go with grace.
But you walk a path now that's holy
And the light of love is shining on your face
So go with God.

I had a dream, your soul was free
And I could see you flying
With wings that held the colors of the rainbow.
Your voice was strong and raised in song
And it rolled across the valley
And it wrapped itself around me
And soothed my soul.

And when I woke with the sunrise
I could see your colors in the dawn.
I could hear your song.

And I can't imagine life without you.
I don't know how to let go with grace.
But you walk a path now that's holy
And the light of love is shining on your face.
So go with God.
-----Yours truly, Go With God

For my dear, sweet, loving father. February 20, 2009. I love you, Dad.

Peace.

No comments: