Saturday, February 28, 2009

My dad...........

Romer Stevens, Jr.
May 19, 1928 - February 28, 2009

He loved me all my life. Even when I was a wild, out-of-control teenager, he loved me even then. Even in the midst of my hardest times, there has always been a part of me that knew that I would somehow pull through, that I was going to be alright - that came from my dad. And, even now, when it feels like something is broken inside of me, I know that I'm going to be alright.

When you love someone as much as I love my father, there really never is a good-bye. He is and always will be right here with me, in me, part of me. When I sing, when I listen to a beautiful piece of music, when I look into the eyes of my brothers and sisters and my nieces and nephews - there he is!

Love is a precious thing. I am so very grateful to have been loved so well and to have had the chance to love like that in return.

Go with God, Dad. I love you. I love. Thank you.

Peace all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God bless you and your family during this time. May your grief be comforted as you reflect upon the memory of your dad and celebrate the life he lived.

Anonymous said...

How can't it be that you will ache. I/we thank God that we know such love... Your Dad and He means to show you comfort and that grace. I'm thinking of and also praying for you and your family, Lisa.

We (the Monday night group) want to get together at my house some night after you get back to the Shore, when it feels right, to celebrate and remember your Dad, and to help you feel okay, away. Let us know if and when you'd like to do that. We are with you tomorrow and always,
Love,
Karen