Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Sweet Valentines Story......

My younger brother Eric called my mom yesterday afternoon to tell her he was on the way to her house. He said, "I'm going to call you when I pull in the driveway and you have to go upstairs and wait until I tell you to come back down." And so he did, and she went upstairs as she was asked. A bit later, he called up the stairs and told her she could come down again. My brother had gotten my father up and walked him into the kitchen and had him sitting up at the kitchen table with a dozen red roses and a Valentine's Day card for my mom, from my dad. My mom was very touched. She said she thought my dad was more surprised than she was! My dad had forgotten that it was Valentine's Day. The cancer has taken away much of his memory, especially of recent things. He always got my mom something special, and so, by way of my sweet little brother, he did again.

I come from a lot of love. Happy Valentine's Day!

Peace.

1 comment:

Jannie Funster said...

That was a beautiful surprise planned by your brother. What a sweetie.

You do come from a lot of love.