Monday, November 12, 2007

Sudoku

Who in the world invented Sudoku anyway? I'm addicted, I admit it! So is my sister, Karen. It provides an incredible amount of distraction - AND it's one of the easiest ways to procrastinate on doing chores without guilt (hey! I'm warding off dementia, ya know!).

The human mind is incredible. People figure out all sorts of amazing things! It boggles my mind to think about them - that chicken is edible once you remove the feathers, microwaves, music, math!! Did you know that after the 20th week of pregnancy the measurement in centimeters from a woman's pubic bone to the top of the uterus is roughly equivalent to how far along she is in weeks of pregnancy? Who worked that one out? What made them think of it?! And all those medicines?! We started out making willow bark tea to relieve pain and to reduce fever - now we have antibiotics, acteminophen, and ibuprofen!! And (I just learned this yesterday), if you cover the soles of your feet with Vicks Vapor Rub and put on socks before you go to bed when you have a cold - it'll keep you from coughing all night!! It's true! It's been studied and proven. Who contemplated and tested that one?!

Amazing.

One thing I want to know? Why does food you warm up on the stove stay warmer longer than food you warm up in the microwave?

Now I've got to stop procrastinating long enough to do the dishes, do some laundry, and fill up the kerosene heater. Then I get to do another Sudoku!

No comments: