Saturday, January 5, 2008

Hope Will Survive

I've been walking down a solitary road.
Lookin' for some open door, some comfort from this cold.
And I have been afraid I'd lose my hope.
But now I know that hope will survive.

And I've been searchin' for a heart that is like mine.
A little taste of peacefulness is all I'd hoped to find.
So I looked into the eyes of my child
And when he smiled, I could see it shine.

I do believe the dawn will follow the nightfall.
And I will not have to walk this road alone.
In the voices of my friends I hear a light call
And the sweetness of that sound will lead me home.

Love is waiting there for me - it's in the pictures on my walls.
I hear it in my grandpa's clock tickin' down my hall.
And it's underneath the quilt my grammy sewed
And the sweet songs that I've known since I was a child.

I do believe that joy will come to find me.
And I'll know again how that pleasure feels.
And the scars that I bear are here to remind me
That I may love and lose - but I will heal.

I may love and lose but I will heal.

-----Yours truly, Hope Will Survive

No comments: